Manufacturing (for Nuclear)
Receive a full introduction to the world of professional engineering in industry and take an in-depth look into manufacturing processes.
Specialist skills are required to maintain and support nuclear projects within advanced manufacturing industries, all of which require infrastructure development and manufacturing work.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA)’s current strategy focuses on development of Nuclear Power Generation Plants, Small Modular Reactors (SMR’s), Decommissioning and Waste Management.
By studying this course, you will receive a full introduction to the world of professional engineering in industry and manufacturing processes.
Open University Accreditation
A flexible approach to learning – study from home or on-campus in Cumbria!
Our new Foundation Degrees are accredited by The Open University (subject to validation), and can be studied from anywhere in the UK.
The modules and framework have been developed with employability skills in mind, training you to become a key part of your future workforce.
Modules you will study include:
Modules you will study include:
• CAD/CAM for Digital Manufacturing
• Introduction to Nuclear Science and the Industry
• Fluid Mechanics and Thermo-fluids
• CIM and Automation
• Industrial Based Project Management, Scheduling and Implementation
• Nuclear Engineering
• Electrical Science and Instrumentation
• Computer Aided Solid Modelling
- Mathematics for Engineering and Science
- Industrial Based Learning (Introduction to Professional Engineering for Industry)
- Industrial Based Learning (Fault Finding and Root Cause Analysis for Industry)
- Industrial Based Learning (Regulatory Considerations and Personal Professionalism)
- Introduction to Manufacturing Processes
- Mechanical Engineering Science and Material
- Electrical Science and Instrumentation
- Computer Aided Solid Modelling
- Introduction to Nuclear Science and the Industry
- Further Mathematics
- Fluid Mechanics and Thermo-fluids
- CAD/CAM for Digital Manufacturing
- CIM and Automation
- Industrial Based Project Management
- Industrial Based Scheduling
- Industrial Based Implementation
- Nuclear Engineering
There is a huge demand within the nuclear industry for staff who have relevant Level 4-6 qualifications.
By studying this course, you will have the skills necessary to seamlessly integrate into a nuclear working environment at a UK-based company such as Sellafield or Rolls Royce.
Alternatively, you will have the opportunity to ‘top-up’ your Foundation Degree at Lakes College with further studies – we provide a progression pathway to the BEng Honours in Manufacturing (for Nuclear).
Got any questions?
Our team are here to help – complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Careers Advice + HE Docs Cards
Got any questions about the courses we offer?
Our friendly team of trained experts are available to help with any questions you may have regarding the courses we offer, finance options, career pathways and more. Book an appointment with a careers advisor today!
Before you study with us...
There are a number of important Higher Education documents that you need to be aware of before studying a Higher Education course with us. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the documents before applying.