Our courses for September 2022 are now full and new applications closed – we’ve had a fantastic number of students joining us for the start of the academic year and we’re excited for their journey here at Lakes College.
We’re now looking forward to the 23/24 academic year and applications will open shortly – keep an eye on our website for updates.
Our next Open Event will take place on Wednesday, December 7th between 5pm and 7.30pm.
These 16-week courses give you the opportunity to gain the in-demand skills employers are looking for and fast-track to a job interview
Skills Bootcamps information
Complete the form at the bottom of the page to register your interest – a member of the team will be in touch as soon as possible to secure your position on one of our exciting Skills Bootcamp courses!
Skills Bootcamps will build on your sector skills or fast track to an interview with a local employer and secure a job or an apprenticeship.
The bootcamps are part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone to gain skills for life.
Lakes College is launching the following Skills Bootcamps in:
- Welding Level 3 – practical training with additional courses such as IOSH, Abrasive Wheels, Save a Life, CCSNG Passport. Read more here.
- Computer Aided Design Level 3 – covering 3d modelling, 3d printing, and prototyping and coding. Read more here.
- Cyber Security Skills Level 3 –delivered by our partner Energus, including Cyber controls and operations, resilience and maintenance. Read more here.
- Construction Trades Level 2 (Joinery) – practical training with additional courses such as safety and CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme cards) or equivalent. Read more about our Joinery course here.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Embedded Systems – Read more here
How much do they cost?
The training is free if you meet the following criteria:
- Aged over 19 years of age
- Working, recently unemployed within the last 12 months or looking for work e.g. coming back into the workforce after a career break
- Resident in the UK and legally entitled to work in the UK
If you are employed, you can also undertake the training free of charge as an individual
How long do they last?
16 weeks commencing in August and September 2022 incorporating skills, employability , continuing professional development and entry to sector training. Weekly hours will range from a day per week, to block training, with some self-study.
I’m an employer, can I access the training?
Yes. Skills Bootcamps are a great way to build sector specific skills in your workforce.
Plus, you only need to pay a small contribution:
- Large employer at 30% contribution. This is fantastic value for money with a 70% reduction.
- Micro, Small and Medium employer at 10%. This is fantastic value for money with a 90% reduction.
Please fill in the form below to find out more.