These 16-week courses give you the opportunity to gain the in-demand skills employers are looking for and fast-track to a job interview
Skills Bootcamps information
Skills Bootcamps will build on your sector skills or fast track to an interview with a local employer and secure a job or an apprenticeship.
The bootcamps are part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone to gain skills for life.
Lakes College is launching the following Skills Bootcamps in:
- Welding Level 3 – practical training with additional courses such as IOSH, Abrasive Wheels, Save a Life, CCSNG Passport. Read more here.
- Computer Aided Design Level 3 – covering 3d modelling, 3d printing, and prototyping and coding. Read more here.
- Cyber Essentials Level 3 –delivered by our partner ENERGUS, including Cyber controls and operations, resilience and maintenance.
- Robotics Level 3 – covering understanding control system theory in engineering, the implementation of control in automated systems, sensors and actuators used in automation control systems, the application of robotics in automation control systems and know about industrial network systems. Read more here.
- Construction Trades Level 2 Joinery and Brickwork – practical training with additional courses such as safety and CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme cards) or equivalent. Read more here.
How much do they cost?
The training is free if you meet the following criteria:
- Aged over 19 years of age
- Working, recently unemployed within the last 12 months or looking for work e.g. coming back into the workforce after a career break
- Resident in the UK and legally entitled to work in the UK
How long do they last?
16 weeks commencing in August and September 2022 incorporating skills, employability , continuing professional development and entry to sector training. Weekly hours will range from a day per week, to block training, with some self-study.
I’m an employer, can I access the training?
Yes. Skills Bootcamps are a great way to build sector specific skills in your workforce.
Plus, you only need to pay a small contribution:
- Large employer at 30% contribution. This is fantastic value for money with a 70% reduction.
- Micro, Small and Medium employer at 10%. This is fantastic value for money with a 90% reduction.
Please fill in the form below to find out more.