College Job Vacancies
See below for our latest vacancies at Lakes College.
KITCHEN TEAM LEADER – 37.5 hours per week
£9.63 Per Hour
The Kitchen Team Leader will prepare, cook and serve meals, whilst ensuring that all catering areas are cleaned and maintained to a high standard. The kitchen is a busy operation offering a food service to students, staff and visitors to the College.
Your main responsibilities will be: –
- Monitoring the quality of the food and service provided, and ensuring that your site performs well – achieving good quality product and service on time and within budget
- Complete and maintain relevant records (e.g. Quality Assurance documentation; Health & Safety records; training logs; timesheets etc.) accurately and on time
- Have good knowledge of allergens
- Be punctual with your time-keeping; operating a quick and efficient catering service without compromising on quality of the service delivered
- Monitor and advise on stock usage; rotating stock, ensuring food stocks don’t run out and ordering stock as required, including placing orders
Do you have: –
- Previous high volume/ high standard cooking experience
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Supervisory/team leader experience
- Proficient using IT systems – Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word etc
Hours will be worked Monday to Friday and will be calculated as annualised hours to cover busier period of the academic year
Closing Date: 25 September 2021 (12:00 noon)
***Please note, the deadline for applications may be changed without notice once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible***
DIGITAL SERVICES FACILITATOR – 37 Hours
Salary: £19,721 with potential for incremental progression to £20,816
The successful candidate will disseminate knowledge and skills and provide support and training for the development of all College staff and students in the use of digital resources, including equipment and online resources, in support of the College’s Digital Strategy.
You will provide a second-line support service to enhance teaching, learning and business throughout the College, enabling everyone to maximise their potential.
You will maintain an installation service for equipment, including installation of software packages; automating systems wherever practicable to ensure that College resources are used effectively and efficiently.
Candidates will have an appropriate Level 3 ICT qualification and good working knowledge and experience of supporting all Digital Resources, including equipment, software and online systems, digital communication tools
Closing Date: Wednesday 29 September 2021 (12:00 noon)
Interview Date: Wednesday 6 October 2021
We are looking for a high quality Project Manager to join our select group of Staff. You will have an established record in project management at a strategic level with knowledge and experience of the education sector.
If you would like to join our staff and feel that your skills and experience are relevant, please contact us with details of what you can offer.
An excellent track record in successful project management with good references from satisfied business clients will be required.
Interviews will be arranged on application.
For further information and to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: £18,263 per annum pro rata
22.5 hours per week – Temporary up to 31 March 2022
Lakes College Centre for Excellence in Maths is a 3 year DfE-funded project, aimed at improving maths outcomes for 16-18 year olds in Further Education, exploring what works in maths teaching and building a strong network of maths teaching professionals to share good practice in our region and beyond.
This role will
- Provide administrative support to the Project Lead, Action Research Leads and Trials Lead on Lakes College’s Centre for Excellence in Maths programme;
- Develop and maintain computerised systems, which may be identified to ensure quick and easy retrieval of accurate information in accordance with set down timescales;
- Assist the Project Lead, Action Research Leads and Trial Lead in all aspects of project planning to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The successful candidate will possess Level 2 Business Administration or related subject, will have good working knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel & SharePoint and possess recent experience in an administration or project environment.
Closing Date: Friday 24 September 2021