If you think you are eligible for any of the financial support options listed, please click here to fill out a form and request more information.
Lakes College Financial Support
If you have any questions about financial support please contact the Student Finance Team, based in the Student Services Centre which is next to reception. You can also contact us by phone on 01946 839300 extension 1143. The funding the College has to help you with the cost of studying comes from a government fund and is public money. The assistance you receive is a discretionary award. It will always be conditional on your attendance at college. While we recognise that students face financial pressures, the funding you are applying for is not a right and the College has a duty to make sure that the funds are awarded fairly and to the students most in need.
16-18 Year Old Financial Support
The College offers students aged 16-18 three bursaries:
The Guaranteed Bursary
This is a payment of £40 per week towards the costs of coming to College. To be eligible for this bursary you must be:
- In care or care leaver in receipt of income support
- (Independent student on means tested benefit in own right) Disabled and in receipt of Employment Support Allowance Disabled and in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
- In addition to the payment of £40 per week you will be supported with the cost of any Equipment you need to purchase for your course or any trips that are related to your learning. These costs have already been confirmed by your tutor.
- Lakes College will process the information you have provided in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998. The data will be processed for purposes connected to your studies. If you are under 18 this may be shared with your parent of guardian. In addition there may be special circumstances where the Principal considers it appropriate to discuss educational reports with your parent or guardian.
The Travel Bursary
- College will provide stagecoach passes where students aren’t eligible for the county council pass, subject to household income
- If you live in a household dependent on benefits or a low income then there are funds available if you are starting a course at Lakes College.