Adult (19+) Financial Support
The College offers support with:
- Fees (up to 75% of fee where household income is less than £25,500)
- Childcare (paid directly to the childcare provider at a rate of £4.90 p.h. up to a maximum of £4000 p.a. per child.)
- A Discretionary Learning Support Bursary for students studying up to level 2 paid at a rate of £30 pcm
- A Discretionary Learning Support Bursary for students taking out an Advanced Learning Loans paid at a rate of £60 pcm
How much will I need to pay?
- Individual course fees will be found within the area of study
- For fees information about Higher Education please see student services
- If your employer is paying your fees please see below
- If the fee isn’t quoted please contact Student Services (01946 839300) for the most up to date information.
Can I get any help with the costs of studying?
You may not have to pay tuition fees on certain courses if you receive one of the following:
- Job Seekers’ Allowance (JSA)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Council Tax Benefit (single occupancy doesn’t apply)
- Financial support for asylum seekers who have been in the UK for six months or more
You will need to bring proof of your benefits to your enrolment session
- If you work and earn less than £15,736.50 a year, you could be entitled to a free course if you’re studying up to a Level 2 qualification.
You will need to bring proof of your income to your enrolment session
Level 2 and 3 Courses
You may not have to pay tuition fees if:
- Aged 19 to 23, enrolling on a level 2 course and do not already have a full level 2 qualification or higher
- Aged 19 to 23, enrolling on a level 3 course and do not already have a full level 3 qualification or higher
Aged 19 or over and planning to study one of our level 3, 4 or 5 courses?
Check out our Advanced Learner Loan page for more details
Is your Employer paying your fees?
If your employer or a sponsor is paying your fees, payment can be made in full at enrolment by cheque. Cheques need to be payable to ‘Lakes College West Cumbria’. Alternatively, we can invoice your employer or sponsor. If you would like us to raise an invoice, please bring a letter from your employer or sponsor, stating:
- That they accept liability for your fees
- Details of who to invoice
- Or arrange for your employee to fill out this form
Are you paying your own fees?
We can offer you an instalment plan for most courses where the fees are more than £100. We’ll ask for:
- The first instalment at enrolment (at least 10% of the total cost)
- Subsequent instalments are paid by direct debit – please bring your bank details with you to enrolment
- The instalment plan is not available for some courses, such as short courses
- The fees must be paid for in full prior to the end of the course.
You can pay your fees over a maximum of 10 instalments Alternatively, you can pay in full by cash, cheque, debit or credit card. For more information, please call Lakes College on 01946 839 300.