Click here to search courses

T Level in Health (Nurse Cadets) Carlisle

We are offering this course to people living in the Carlisle area!

European Union - European Social Fund logo

info

We are excited to offer this course for people living in the Carlisle area! The T Level in health runs as our successful Nurse Cadet course and is suitable for anyone wanting a career in health and healthcare science.

Students can progress into all nursing specialisms or midwifery courses. Course units include: understanding the healthcare sector; providing person-centred care; supporting health and wellbeing; further knowledge of both human anatomy and physiology and diseases and disorders; infection prevention and control.

While studying the course, you will spend placements in the health sector at Carlisle, while learning theory in the classroom from our expert tutors, who are highly experienced in this field.

To apply for this course, click here

T Level Health Carlisle

Questions and answers

T-Levels are a two-year qualification that will give young people a head start toward the future they want.

They bring classroom learning, an extended industry placement and practical learning together on a course designed with businesses and employers. Students will spend 80 per cent of the time in high standard technical classrooms and workshops at Lakes College. The remaining 20 per cent will be spent on an industrial placement with an employer to assist with the development of knowledge and skills which companies look for.

A T-Level programme is equivalent to three A-levels. They are aimed at young people who will be finishing their GCSEs in June 2021 and want the knowledge and experience to get straight into employment or an apprenticeship. T Levels also attract UCAS points meaning learners can go onto university after completing the course.

On the first year of the two-year programme there will be a number of units studied, including Health and Social, Health Science, Anatomy and physiology; infection, prevention and control; managing patient’s information.

In year two, students will study a specialist pathway. The most popular is Supporting the Adult and Nursing Team, and there is also Supporting the Midwifery Team; Supporting the Mental Health Team; and Supporting the Therapist Team.

All students on the course will study a 45-day placement in a clinical setting where they will gain real-life experience, learing skills of working on a ward.

Prior to this, they will experience the replica ward-settings at the college to prepare them for the working ward.

If you’re interested in applying for this course, or finding out more, please either call our admissions team on 01946 839300 or email admissions@lcwc.ac.uk

5 GCSEs at grade 4, to include English, Maths and Science. Applicants must also successfully complete an assessment day

We work closely with local employers – including the NHS – to ensure the best future for everyone. We make sure that your training is specifically tailored to ensure you develop the skills your employer wants.

We are the only provider in North and West Cumbria to offer a T Level in health.

Further Information

Courses CTA

Find a course

There’s something for everyone at Lakes College – click below to find out more.

Mini course guide

Our handy guide gives an overview of the range of opportunities we offer so you can find the right course for you.