The Level 2 Award in Food Safety is a one-day course designed for those who work in a food handling capacity.
Food safety legislation requires that all food handlers receive appropriate training in food hygiene, in line with their work activities so they can handle food safely.
The Level 2 in Food Safety covers topics that are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as important for maintaining good practice.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR
This course is aimed at people who work with food, want to work with food, or anyone with an interest in basic food
This course costs £80 per person.
- An introduction to food safety
- Microbiological hazards
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food poisoning and its control
- Personal hygiene
- Design of premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Food pests and control
- Food safety management from purchase to service
- Food safety law and enforcement
This course will be running on the following dates:
10 DEC 2020
14 JAN 2021
18 MAR 2021
13 MAY 2021