The Edge is a partnership of Cumbrian training providers that work together to deliver ESF skills contracts for the benefit of Cumbrian businesses and their workforce. Lakes College are an approved delivery partner and along with the partnership are currently delivering the Skills Support for the Workforce contract in Cumbria which has funding available until 2021.
Carlisle College is the accountable body for the contract which is funded by the European Social Fund, co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and supported by Cumbria Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Funded training opportunities for Cumbria SME’s and their employees to support business growth and support the achievement of higher level skills.
- Support for businesses undergoing industrial restructure with funded training and employability support for staff at risk of redundancy.
- Eligible businesses must have a base in Cumbria and employ less than 250 employees. Those who are self-employed are also eligible for support.
- Employees must be aged over 16 years of age and be a resident in the UK
Support is available for the health and social care sector.
Funded courses available at Lakes College
The following packages are available fully funded if eligibility criteria is met:
Level 2 Package
Ideal for new employees in the health and social care sector, consists of the following:
- Level 3 Manual Handling
- Level 2 Safeguarding & Dignity
- Level 2 Safe Handling of Medicines
Level 3 Package
Ideal for employees that have completed level 2 learning and want to increase their skills in the current role.
- Level 3 Dementia Care
- Level 3 End of Life Care
Level 5 Package
For people ready to complete the Level 5 Health and Social Care.
- Selection of units and supporting course to help towards the Level 5 qualification
To book your place and for any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01946 839300. Joining instructions will then be forwarded to you.
If you want to find out more about The Edge please visit www.theedgeincumbria.co.uk