18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations – FREE via Edge funding!
18th Edition IET Wiring Regulations
The 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations (BS 7671:2018 Requirements for Electrical Installations) were issued on 2nd July 2018.
We are be running two different courses (a one day update and a 10-week full course) to ensure that those engaging in electrical work have up-to-date qualifications and are aware of the regulation changes.
The 18th Edition forms the national standard to which all new and amended electrical installations in the UK are to comply. All electrical professionals are urged to ensure they are familiar with the changes and new requirements which came into force in January 2019.
What’s on the course?
The course allows you to rest assured that you and your team are working to the latest standards and meet statutory regulations applicable to most electrical installations.
We will cover a wide range of topics that are linked to the new electrical installation IET 18th Edition standards including:
- new guidance on Arc Fault Detection Devices for rented accommodation
- the latest requirements for disconnection times
- the latest standards of installing equipment
- changes required for fixing cabling in all installations
- changes to Residual Current-Device (RCD) protection
Other changes include:
- Additions to the scope of BS 7671
- Changes to the disconnection times for certain circuits
- Further requirements for circuit protection in domestic dwellings
- Considerations for Arc Fault Detection in many installations
- Supporting of wiring systems
- Inspection and testing procedures.
How long does it take?
Full course – 10 weeks (1 evening class a week)
Update course – 1 day
Who is it suitable for?
Our update course is ideal for those with the latest 17th Edition qualification focussing on updating knowledge to the 18th Edition.
Our full course will offer full certification and is suited for those new to the industry or who have not completed the 17th Edition amendment courses.
The changes will affect most electrical installation work and in order to remain compliant, those working on the design, installation and inspection and testing of wiring systems will need to be prepared for the 18th edition changes in order to remain compliant.
What should I do next?
Register your interest by filling in the form below: