Catering & hospitality
Our apprenticeships are updated regularly so please check back for the latest openings.
This page is constantly updated with the latest apprenticeship vacancies.
If you want to register your interest, scroll down to the bottom and fill in the form.
Alternatively, if you need more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Careers: Kitchen Assistant, Pastry Chef, Kitchen Manager, professional Chef, Commis Chef, Sous Chef, Front of House Supervisor, Food Safety Officer, Hotel Manager, Restaurant Manager, Chef de Partie, Concierge, Bar Manager.
Commis Chef Level 2 apprenticeship
One year, fully work-based
Commis chef is the most common starting position in many kitchens. A commis chef prepares food and carries out basic cooking tasks under the supervision of a more senior chef. The primary objective of the commis chef is to learn and understand how to carry out the basic functions in every section of the kitchen. Therefore having the opportunity to experience, consider and value each section with a view to choosing an area where they feel most inspired.
Apprenticeship vacancies include:
- Washington Central Hotel, based in the Workington area
- Alexandro’s Greek Restaurant, based in the Carlisle area
- Sunny Hill Pub, based in the Whitehaven area (two vacancies)
- The Cottage in the Woods, based in the Keswick area
- Lake District Hotels, based across Cumbria (five vacancies)
- The Stag Inn, based in the Crosby area
- St Begh’s Junior School, based in the Whitehaven area
- Abbeyfield Sheltered Housing (Level 2/3)
- 11-bedroom hotel, based in the Borrowdale area